Margie
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Tue Sep 20 2005 12:04 PM
Re: 11am advisory

Yes and did you like the "For those who follow just the skinny black line..." comment about the cone!

That cracked me up.

Well latest recon showed pressure drop to 980mb. To someone who made another comment about rapid intensifcation or deepening...I misspoke...what I get for trying to be in a hurry. Yes it is rapid intensification, not huge in terms of mb, and not explosive deepening, not unless we see a 30mb pressure drop in 6/12 hours.

Let's see...from 988 to 980 in five or six hours, only 8mb in that time period.

Explosive deepening is a drop of 5mb for six consecutive hours or drop of 2.5mb for 12 consecutive hours, that is, 30mb total.

The shear map has changed quite a bit from yesterday, I thought...I thought I remembered there was more shear just west of the FL coast, which is not the case this morning, but now the hurricane is entering an area of low shear. I am not sure how long but for at least 12 hours. But this isn't a large area right now. You can still see the shear acting on the outer bands both to the exteme west, taking apart the cirrus bands, and on the NE, past the islands (like, 12:45Z to 14:45Z on the visual sat images).

OK the water is still warm here so could get down to 970 or to borderline Cat 3 range in the next 12 hours, but that is probably it.

Now I didn't realize that high was going to move east after 48 hours...I thought it would be in place a little longer. So I guess the landing won't e as far SW on the TX coast as I thought yesterday, but closer to Houston/Galveston area, and even possibility it will land to the NE of that area, even though not as likely.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center