Hugh
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Wed Sep 21 2005 01:51 AM
Re: Rita Rita Rita

Quote:

i think she can reach cat. 4 strength by tomorrow night and hold it till saturday when she will make landfall a little farther south from Galveston. This could be extremely bad, Texas hasnt got rain in 2 weeks or so and this water to fast wont be absorbed by the dry dry ground, it will sit on top of the ground.

Whereever this monster goes, it will be bad. Didn't we say that about 3 weeks ago? It's true again. Looking at IR, I'd be surprised if Rita were not upgraded to Cat 3 at 11pm. The overall cloud pattern is a bit ragged on the edges, but the core is dang impressive.

ETA: I'm sure it's just a wobble (hopefully), but it looks like the eye moved NW over the last hour or so... and is definately north of the forecast track.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center