Beaumont, TX
(Storm Tracker)
Tue Sep 20 2005 10:04 PM
Re: downward spiral

I remember you said Texas might be hit by a storm just a week or so ago. When I saw that I thought we might be in trouble.
Our local met says we may see wind and rain if the storm hits around Matagorda Bay. Also possibly power outages.
Carla did affect the whole Texas coast. Port Arthur
had four feet of water in some of its downtown area. Allison did quite a bit of damage in this area but especially Houston and she
was just a tropical storm. Last major cane to hit Houston was Alicia and she went through the downtown. Here, we haven't had a
hurricane since '86 and only a cat 1 although several tropical storms since then. Everyone is preparing early just in case.
Many of our evacuees from New Orleans were flown out, I think to Tennessee. Houston was flying some out also. Galveston
is evacuating. Better to be overprepared than not prepared.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center