MissBecky
(Weather Guru)
Wed Sep 21 2005 11:51 PM
Re: Category 5 Hurricane Rtia Moves Westward in the Gulf

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but here is a link that shows the traffic right now in Houston.

http://traffic.houstontranstar.org/layers/

I feel utterly heartsick when I think about what might happen in Galveston/Houston. I talked to a friend who lives in Houston tonight and he said he is still undecided if he will evacuate. He also said if he does leave, he will do it Thursday evening. I told him I thought this was leaving it until too late, and that I was very worried. He did say that his office had closed at noon for the rest of the week, and that most other businesses in the city had done the same thing. I am glad to hear this, because it will hopefully give more people incentive to leave, if they don't have to worry about getting fired over evacuating and not showing up for work.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center