gailwarning
(Weather Watcher)
Thu Sep 22 2005 03:30 AM
Re: Category 5 Hurricane Rtia Moves Westward in the Gulf

I've met a lot of people who have stayed for a Cat 3 hurricane, including some of my neighbors here in FL who stayed last year for Jeanne. I have yet to meet one who said they would do it again. Two doors down, mother and 10 year old son spent most of the night in the hallway, wind roaring, watching the interior walls of their home move back and forth as if they were breathing. Across the street, another watched a small tornado rip through her neighbor's back yard, tearing their pool structure to shreds and ripping trees up by their roots. Their house, designed to handle 150 mph winds, had massive roof failure, collapsing most of their ceilings from the rain.

And I am talking about a Cat 3. Stay for a Cat 4 or 5? NOT!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center