typhoon_tip
(Meteorologist)
Fri Sep 23 2005 04:01 AM
Re: Hurricane Rita Tracking West Northwest in the Gulf

Quote:

I am a novice(not even that) but was looking at some ir radar and was wondering what the system starting to rotate east of florida is? Could it be another tropical storm/hurricane forming. Also is it possible for rita to suck in energy/warm water from down south. i noticed there r some storm cells that seem to have migrated north of the southern gulf into rita in the latest satellite images.
would appreciate any one enlightening me.

Ozzystorm,
After having followed both features in question for a number of days I am virtually certain that the subtropcal low spinning up E of Florida is a separate entity and has not (yet if ever) benefitted from the circulation field of Rita, or the impact Rita has had on the oceanic heat content where the subtropcal feature is..

Aside from the matter, there is still plenty of warm ocean E of Florida.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center