dave foster
(Weather Hobbyist)
Mon Sep 26 2005 09:38 PM
Re: Rita Nearing Landfall at the Texas / Louisiana Border

Quote :

[ No I don't agree. NOLA most definitely did not get the brunt of Katrina. Didn't you look at any of the images in the link I provided? ]

Yes, I did take a look at your images and they are indeed disturbing but, you obviously never read my post properly. If you care to read it again you will find that your assertion that I said 'New Orleans got the brunt' is most definitely incorrect.

Whether the loss of life in New Orleans can be directly attributed to the storm, the lack of an evacuation plan or the subsequent breach of the levees is not the issue now. The loss of life in New Orleans was terrible and, as you state later, considerably greater than in the 200 miles of coastline.

On a final note, I consider the loss of life, whatever the circumstance, to be more profound than the destruction and loss of property.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center