MikeCAdministrator
(Admin)
Mon Sep 26 2005 10:59 PM
Watching the Caribbean

After Rita, it's been fairly quiet in the tropics, except for one area in the Caribbean. Chances are slowly gaining that it will form into a new depression later in the week. This wave is being called 99L by the navy.

Right now I'd give it a 25% of developing in the next two days, it will get higher as the week progresses. It's somewhat less today because a lot of the circulation "split" and is very disorganized right now. Windshear will decrease later in the week, making the chances drift upward.

The models in the map below are dubious at best, I never like to take early model runs worth for much of anything.

We'll be updating that as more information arrives.

Hurricane Rita caused a great deal of flooding in damage in Cameron Parish in Lousiana. Where most of the damage was seen. Like initial after Katrina, damage wasn't seen as widespread until helicopters toured the area. I hope most decided to evacuate the area there.

Event Related Links
Stormcarib reports from the islands

99L

Animated model plot of 99L

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center