Ryan
(Storm Tracker)
Thu Sep 29 2005 01:29 AM
Re: rita jr, 99L, and the precursor

HF, YOU WROTE THIS: "another system will likely form off the east coast and run westward as long as the ridge holds. i'm expecting it will be a tropical cyclone and that it will reach the coast also late in the week."

i was wondering that if that storm developes, where would it head...you said westward which is toward land im just wondering where on the coast...today on the local news channel, they had a if LI was to be hit by a cat. 3 hurricane my town(noth shore of nassau county) would most likely be under 19 feet of water and the south shore by jones beach, the water will go as far inland as i think they said 10 miles..thats a crazy scary thought...im just hoping we are spared like we have been for a good number of years now.

i'm not certain, just see a strong potential for this thing to exist next week. if it does pop up, more than likely it will go in south of hatteras. big ol' ridge is going to be parked over the northeast. -HF

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center