Ryan
(Storm Tracker)
Thu Sep 29 2005 04:06 PM
Re: rita jr, 99L, and the precursor

Quote:

low probability event. it's hard to get a cat 3 that far north unless it's moving fast. really fast movers don't have quite the surge, usually. but yeah, there is a lot of real estate to wreck up thataway, but strong hurricanes approaching western new england are pretty rare, because you need a really high latitude ridge and a trough coming along at just the right time to draw it due north across the cool coastal waters fast enough for it to still be strong. -HF

i hope your right HF about that ebcuase i mean 1038 was supposedley a cat 3 and so was gloria if i am correct, i also think with global warming the high of the water temp up here was like 75, thats unusual up here..and also, about the system you expect to for off of the coast..you said it was supposed to go in south of hatteras..as a weak storm do you have any imput on the strenght..thanks...Ryann

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center