Random Chaos
(Weather Analyst)
Tue Oct 04 2005 02:19 AM
Re: Stan

Poking around the model runs a bit, looks to me that 92L is a little random on the track. One thing I am picking up - and the CMC does this the most interesting way - is it appears that there is a 2nd circulation/low right next to 92L that will develop and become the dominant one. A number of the tracks I'm seeing seem to jump from the 92L one to the newly forming one after a couple days - so I'd toss most tracks out the window. We don't even know if that new one will develop, or if is just the models having fun with our minds.

It looks to me that we'll have another named storm in the next week or two - it's more a matter of which low forms it first. 92L is likely to beat anything else. Somehow I doubt that we won't break the "end of the alphabet" this year - there's just too much time left in the season...and the Atlantic still seems quite interested in spawning lows associated with tropical waves.

--RC

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center