danielwAdministrator
(Moderator)
Tue Oct 04 2005 07:32 PM
Re: 92L Spinning up

WSETA...Wind shear version of the ETA???

I managed to catch Dr Lyons Trop Update about 90 minutes ago.
While all eyes are on the tropical wave positioned off of the FL East Coast. He pointed out that there is a middle to upper level Low over the NE GOM, near Cedar Key. This Low is expected to merge/ mingle/ mix, with the tropical wave. The Low is easily seen on current Water Vapor imagery.
Dr Lyons also pointed out that a cool front moving through the TX OK Panhandle area, should pickup the Low and move it NE...inland.

The cool front that Dr Lyons referred to is presently stirring up quite a bit of convection in the Plains.
The remnants of E Pac Hurricane Otis have moved into the SW Plains and are responsible for the very unusual, moist tropical air in place.

note:With the NE GOM Low's current proximity to the coast. And the premise (not promise) of the frontal passage picking up the Low. I, personally wouldn't give it any number higher than a 4 out of 10 for development.
But I'm not a MET, I haven't looked at the models in a few days or more...and I didn't stay at Holiday Inn Express last night.~danielw

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center