Hugh
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Wed Oct 05 2005 07:58 AM
Re: Tropical Storm Tammy Forms off East Central Florida Coast

Quote:

Amazing. I'm surprised without a plane it's a name and not a depression. Then again what's the difference. I'm more interested in what is coming from the Yucatan. Seems like a little spin in the convection on water vapor loop. It's heading NE towards Florida. Don't know if it will amount to anything. At this rate Alpha ain't far away.
http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/gmex-wv-loop.html

What the $@*! Where did THAT come from? (I know, it's been there the whole time, I just never expected it to amount to anything). It almost appears as if the whole area - Tammy and the area that is emerging off the Yucatan - is spinning around the ULL that is southeast of me. Maybe that's not such a bad thing for me. The ULL is likely to push Tammy into Georgia/South Carolina, and the would-be Vince into the Keys and then out into the Atlantic... isn't it? Or will the ULL move out of the way and allow "Vince" (if it develops into that) to move northward toward the Panhandle?

Maybe I'll just dig a hole. Looking at the "Visible" imagery on SSD for the GOM... the thing on the Yucatan definately has a spin to it. When it emerges into the Yucatan Channel (presumably later today)... will we have Vince already? The TWO doesn't even mention this, so I assume they don't EXPECT it to amount to anything... but they didn't want to send a plane into what is now Tammy last night, either, so forgive me if I have less faith in the NHC right now than some people...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center