Hugh
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Thu Oct 06 2005 12:57 AM
Re: various thoughts

Quote:

Anything we get close-in in the short term is likely to be another Michael (from last year) at best -- a hybrid system that moves at a fairly decent clip but brings a couple-few inches of rain to some area. That's the end result from Tammy and the likely end result from 93L...I just think the environment is more conducive to hybrid/extratropical development, particularly as that upper trough approaches from the central US, than anything tropical. Time will tell.

I agree, Clark... there is lots of incredibly dry air in the western GOM, and 93L seems to have gotten the punch squeezed out of it rather severely this afternoon. Still seems like we'll get some rain from it in the panhandle, but only if the ULL moves out of the way. Is that still looking possible at all? Watching the WV loop, it looks like the ULL isn't budging. Also, I notice on the WV loop and the JAX radar over the last hour or two that Tammy isn't moving as far north as it was earlier, relatively so anyway. Am I seeing things? Is there a chance it could get pushed back south?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center