Lake Toho - Kissimmee
(Storm Tracker)
Mon Oct 17 2005 06:05 AM
Re: Bear Watch

They appear to be moving west, but also appear to be keep it moving at a snails pace. Models usually have difficulties with a developing storm. So we shall see if and when this thing intensifies, what the models will do. This storm isnt moving to fast at this point. Its anyone guess at this point. Just watching and waiting, but my gut tells me this one should be interesting at least to observe.

Just finishing up the reconstruction of my house thanks to Charlie last year. Roof done, drywall work done, new wood floors, and hurricane windows... Screening to go on my newly expanded and roofed back patio this week. Last one was sucked up by a small tornado off Lake Toho last year, and I am sure Dorothy and the Tin Man are enjoying it somewhere in Oz, because it remnants still have not been found.

I hope everyone is enjoying the nice dry weather and cooler temperatures. Wish it was here to stay, but this weather system at most will drive the humidity, temperatures and rain chances back up to summer time temperatures, hopefully for the last time this year.

As far as the 00Z GFS goes, it does turn the storm across the pennisula later in its Forecast, but it is so far out, (more than a week) that its highly suspect. Once the intensity moves on up, then I will pay more attention to what the models are saying. This is a developing system and models cannot be believed until it gets stronger.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center