charlottefl
(Weather Hobbyist)
Wed Oct 19 2005 03:09 AM
Re: Wilma Becomes Category FIVE

Things are getting a little nerve wracking on the west coast here. My dad lives directly in the path and I'm about 50 miles north of him. I realize that is subject to change but I think we can all agree that this thing is coming towards the west coast. If I can make a suggestion to save a lot of people a lot of time and frustration. If you live near the water and have to leave, as I may have to don't travel half way across the state. Find a sturdy constructed building 25-50 miles inland and ride it out if you can avoid getting stuck in traffic, because the main concern with this will be surge. You can hide from the wind but you can't run from the water.

Hurricane Charley '04(Port Charlotte, FL)

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center