JG
(Weather Hobbyist)
Wed Oct 19 2005 09:25 PM
Re: Models

Quote:

Okay, I don't usually do this as I'm not a MET.

I just checked the last 24 hours of models runs on Dr Vigh's site at Colorado State.

If You live south of a Tampa to Kennedy Space Center line. One of the models has been over or close to You.
The outlier (furtherest North of all models) seems to be the LBAR model. But it is constant with it's location.

The models Will change over the next few days. The main intent here is to get people to Prepare for a Tropical Storm or Hurricane Wind Event.

If You, or someone You know. Live south of a Tampa to Kennedy Space Center Line, then please get things in order for probable power and water outage, and possible evacuation.

If you are placed under a Mandatory or Voluntary Evacuation...Please Leave.
Especially those near low lying areas that are prone to flash flooding, rivers, streams and the Beaches.

Interesting. I've been asking as to why the LBAR is so much of an outlier and if you remember, the GFDL moves towards it, then away, then back, etc. over the last 3 days.

But it has been constant putting the storm over the Tampa area. Anyone with a scientific reason why?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center