Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Sat Oct 22 2005 12:31 PM
Re: Prolonged Hurricane Force Winds Now Affecting Cancun

Okay, that was a cool shot. It almost appears that what may be what's left of an eye is about to exit the northernmost tip of Yucatan soon. I'm not sure or not if there's a new eye trying to form or not.
What I did notice, however, is that if you drew a perfectly straight line from Wilma to Chicago, you will see what is tugging her northward. And I cannot see anything (at least on that view) that's going to punt her NE in any big hurry. Notice what's coming in from the west...that may be what punts Wilma. If anything, it looks like Wilma may have to wait for that system to come along.
Of course, that's just based on what I saw on that one loop. There could be others out there that show a totally different scenario and I could be completely wrong. One thing I sure hope I'm not wrong about is it coming off the coast of the Yucatan. They've had enough already.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center