Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Sat Oct 22 2005 12:42 PM
Re: Prolonged Hurricane Force Winds Now Affecting Cancun

You mean the eye looks smaller or the system? Looking at that radar shot, I am simply amazed at how well organized it still looks! Almost looks as if the eastern most edge of the eyewall is over water, but that could be my eyes. I still think it will be close to exiting the coast earlier than thought, if only because it did not cross wnw as predicted earlier. The less land it has to go over, the less disrupted it is....but even so, for the amount of time it HAS spent on land, I'm truly amazed that it hasn't fallen apart. Of course, there aren't really any high mountains in that area, so that could be one reason.
Thanks for the link...awesome radar shot!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center