GuppieGrouper
(Weather Master)
Sat Oct 22 2005 01:54 PM
Re: Question to the Mets and all-Are we not looking at a possible massive tornado event?

I know about the eyes. All day at work and all night on the computer at home. I was just pointing out what every one else said before I could get it cut and pasted, that the storm center appears to be about to leave the land. I also noticed the intensity starting to build as evidenced by the thicker clouds to the north. The Water Vapor loop outlines the various loops and swirls that might or might not be strong enough to push the entire storm and I also noticed the SE to NE slant, towards the Bay Area and Northward. I know all the criteria regarding the 2 dimensional picture versus the reality but after you have followed a few storms you begin to get an ability to make brain/visual allowances for 4 dimensional events squashed into 2 dimensional pictures. The overall picture looks dangerous and I will continue to harp on the deceptive quality of the intensity models (numbers vs reality) People tune out things when they are tired, or looking forward to fun, or are caught up in personal stuff. Everyone please be aware, that this storm is going to fool people from coast to coast. It will be intense in places unexpected, and a piece of fluff where people were biting their nails. (Katrina and Rita are not good storms to compare this with nor are the three Central Florida had last year). This is going to feel and act like a cold front where one minute we will be out and about and the next minute wondering what hit us. I remember noname quite well. I did not know it was coming.I learned about the system at church, shrugged it off and went to bed... Was waken by family telling me to get up and get street clothes on and I did not have time to do it and there was no place to go. IT was terrifying. No prep no time for mental preparation that we get when we see winds gradually building.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center