Hugh
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sat Oct 22 2005 10:21 AM
Re: Question to the Mets and all-Are we not looking at a possible massive tornado event?

Quote:

No-Name storms are the first mention of a tropical depression. Until the 11 a.m. report where it will be classified at TDtwenty-something (I lost count), it will be refered to as no-name. The no-name will disappear in 30 minutes.

Actually, on NRL, it will remain identified as "25.NONAME" until it is upgraded to "ALPHA". The NHC will refer to it as TD 25 beginning at 11am, but the NRL site uses "NONAME" to refer to any T.D.

On a somewhat related topic... I had a weird thought while eatting my Fruit Loops... (which may be the cause of the weird thought )... Looking at the computer models for TD 25, and the computer models for Wilma... the two systems could ultimately run into each other, literally, in the mid-Atlantic.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center