FireAng85
(Weather Hobbyist)
Sat Oct 22 2005 02:31 PM
I remember No Name of 1993

Boy do I!!! My husband and I lived in Sorrento, FL at the time, just outside of Mt. Dora. Mt Dora had 5 tornadoes touch down. I knew it was coming but had no idea how bad it was going to be. Besides Hurricane Charley, that was the single most terrifying night of my life. I was just a volunteer firefighter back then and I lived in a trailer. When it was happening, we were so scared in that trailer, we scooped up my 2 very small kids, put them in our truck and tried to make it to the fire station because it was a steel building. We had a hard time just getting there because of the downed trees and power lines. Thank God I had a really big 4x4 then. We started running calls as soon as I got to the station and I ended up using my personal vehicle to get victims out of places that fire trucks and ambulances couldn't go. I have friends that lost their newborn son in that storm and the father has severe brain damage. God help us if it's going to be like that again.........

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center