typhoondave
(Registered User)
Sat Oct 22 2005 02:42 PM
Re: Question to the Mets and all-Are we not looking at a possible massive tornado event?

I've been visiting this site for two seasons now. Making my first post. The information I have picked up here is awesome in its scope, from extremely technical all the way down to practical information for amateurs and hobbiests. Kudos to all who moderate and comment on this site. The NHC is still the final word for Tropical Systems but this is the best additional source of info I have found.
I was living in Spring Hill,Fl. just off of US 19 during the No Name Storm of 93. We experienced winds up to 90 MPH and had a huge oak tree snap in our front yard. If you are in the cone for Wilma please take it seriously. It does not take a direct hit to receive damaging winds. Pay attention to the watches and warnings that will be posted today or tommorow and prepare accordingly. I still have family in Weeki Wachee and my thoughts are with them and all Floridians who may be affected by this storm. God Bless.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center