Margie
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sat Oct 22 2005 02:59 PM
Re: Hurricane Watch for Keys

Good morning all. Well this is just horrific. Just up (after this week, I needed a night to catch up on sleep!) and just quickly looked at the wv loop. At almost 10am, the center is still rotating just inland between Cozumel and Cancun, with those places still taking a huge hit from the winds and water...plus this track must have been the worst possible track for Cancun and for the lagoon hotel area as far as flooding. There must be rain records being set as well. I am afraid that most of Cozumel must be under some feet of water.

I had posted to someone at Cozumel yesterday morning that they would be taking eyewall winds until just past midnight and could probably go outside by noon today but that is wrong...they'll be getting hit the rest of the day. It's just horrible and I don't even have words to say how devastated that area is, but for certain they won't have any tourist season this year. This devastation will easily be on a par with Katrina's, for both scale and intensity. This just after Stan dumped so much rain in Central America. Truly that area has been hit this year as hard as the US.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center