laureg
(Verified CFHC User)
Sat Oct 22 2005 11:34 AM
Re: NHC 11 am Discussion

Quoting this part of the update:

"...the motion of the storm combined with the pressure gradient may create a unique situation over Florida regardless of where the actual system makes landfall..."

Sorry if I missed it somewhere, but how does this make a unique situation over Florida? Just interested and curious...

We are ready here at our house...I feel like a reg'lar expert at this point. We will put up shutters probably tomorrow late afternoon or so. Grateful to be on this side of the water...we have friends in Sanibel who are already headed for an unscheduled vacay in NC for a few days.

I love that real time link you all posted. It is spectacular to see that cold front just sort of trucking along to meet up with the storm. This is a very interesting one to watch, for sure. Thanks to everyone for the great info.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center