Margie
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sat Oct 22 2005 03:38 PM
Re: Prolonged Hurricane Force Winds Now Affecting Cancun

Quote:

looks like it is just north of Cancun.

No, it isn't moving much. It is very hard to see the center now because of all the convection, but it is still to the SW of Cancun, and if you go to the wv loop, and toggle between the 1245Z and 1315Z frames you'll see the center of circulation. First get positioned on the right frame, then zoom in three times. Above it, the purple moves to the left, and below it, to the right. It is a little closer to Cancun now than Cozumel.

Note: the movement from the loop still showed an oscillation! I was a little surprised. I thought once it got over land that would stop...I think it probably has dampened now to the point where it will be hard to see.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center