nicolew
(Verified CFHC User)
Sat Oct 22 2005 03:45 PM
Re: NHC 11 am Discussion

OK - looking for some advice - I live in Miami and my parents live in northern Palm Beach county. I have no shutters for my condo here and during Katrina my area suffered serious tree damage and was without electricity for a week. My parents live in a brand new house in an area with very few trees and they have hurricane-glass windows. I stayed for Katrina because I thought I'd be fine and ended up having a terrible time! Last year during Frances I went to my parents and while the area suffered damage, they fared really well. Am I crazy to load up myself and the dogs and head up to Palm Beach and put myself closer to where it looks like the storm will come in? Just looking for advice!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center