TampaSu
(Registered User)
Sat Oct 22 2005 04:00 PM
Re: NHC 11 am Discussion

Quote:

Quote:

last night was a shift to the north. today back to where they've said. Ft.myers/naples area . If you live north of that you should be fine unless something unexpected happens.

Yea...that's just the problem with hurricanes, they often like to do the unexpected Personally if I lived north of the Ft. Myers/Naples area (and I do) I would not rest easy until this thing had made landfall or after (and I won't) I think too many residents of the Tampa area are way to complacent when it comes to these things. Let people laugh...I'm stocked up, I'm watching Wilma regularly. I check in here at least once an hour. My hurricane shutters are out and ready to go up. My pet carriers will be assembled and ready to secure my cats by the end of today. People here (in Tampa/St. Pete) can laugh if they want, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. I still think it's way to early to tell just where it will make landfall and I'm not buying the confidence of a sure extreme S florida landfall.

Tina - I'm a Tampa resident also, and I happen to agree with you. We are ready to implement our plan... if necessary. Remember Charlie? It missed us at the last minute. That could happen again, but in the opposite direction. Bottom line - we don't know until we know - and that's not until after it's come and gone! Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center