pincty
(Weather Watcher)
Sat Oct 22 2005 04:57 PM
Re: Prolonged Hurricane Force Winds Now Affecting Cancun

I feel the same way as you regarding Tampa. For three days now all I've heard is Tampa, Tampa, Tampa. Last night I kept reading posts that the hurricane would exit Cancun in a few hours and the track would change to the north. Then from 8 this morning there were many more posts stating that Wilma would exit the Yukatan soon and the track would be shifted north. Well, guess what? The storm is still stuck in Mexico and the track did not shift north. In fact, it may have shifted south. A year ago someone posted advice on this board which I always keep in mind: A majority of the persons who post on this forum are not mets, they are accountants, engineers, cooks, teachers, etc. They are giving their opinions on storms based on various information which they analyze. However, they are not professionals (I understand that the pros at the NHC miss a few) thus we should depend on the NHC in the analysis of these hurricanes. I love reading the posts on this site however I take most opinions (other than the opinions from the moderators, Scott S., and couple others) with a grain of salt.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center