Bloodstar
(Moderator)
Sat Oct 22 2005 07:19 PM
Re: GOOD NEWS BAD NEWS

A few thoughts...
My reasoning for the path of the storm broke down when the storm decided to drift onto land. I'll be the first to admit my forecast and reasoning did not pan out. But it was a reasonable position to take.

I mention this because people are getting a little snippy in here. This is NOT an exact science. People will get things right at times, people will get it wrong at times. if there is sound reasonining behind it, then please, do not disparage their logic or thought process.

If there is an underlying agenda behind their reasonining, then by all means, notify a moderator to keep an eye on them. If you want to ask them in private about it, that's fine as well. But when there is a (at the time) major hurricane, that could threaten the florida coast, people will become a little more... how shall we say, short tempered and excitable. Don't succumb to the temptation to react or overreact to what other people post.

We have a chatroom. That chatroom is great for people to just come in and ask questions. I fully expect people to come into the chatroom over the next day or two and relax and chat with each other.

Anyone who thinks tampa, or the keys, or anywhere is in the clear, may I remind you that the average margin of error for the NHC 72 hour forecast is 90 miles? that's their average, that means sometimes they're closer to hitting it, somtimes they're further from hitting it.

Now, let's concentrate on what matters the bloody hurricanes!

Speaking of which, why don't they have the other floater over TD 25 (25???? how in the world are we up to 25???)

-Mark

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center