Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Sun Oct 23 2005 03:24 PM
Re: 11 AM Advisory

I never knew that rocks grew~I learn something new here everyday.

I don't think the cold front has quite made it here yet, as it is muggy and humid outside. My husband and I were watching BayNews9 / ABC Action News this morning and both forecasters said that the cold front will be coming in later this afternoon or tonight. Also, ABC showed their Titan model and Wayne Shattuck said that the entire viewing area could see upwards of 2-4" of rain and 5-8" in some isolated areas. Supposed to have TS force winds here later on as Wilma approaches...which has as much to do with the hurricane as it does with the cold front moving in...and since last night Polk County is under an "Inland TS Wind Watch (now warning).
I was watching CNN this morning and they were interviewing Ed Rappaport at the NHC. He said that the storm surge wil be worse on the south side of the storm, and of course so will the wind effects, but he said that the areas NORTH of whereever it hits will see some heavy weather also due to the cold front and Wilma's expanding winds.
Then, of course, you had CNN's weather chick showing the expected rain rates. She said that some areas could see 12" of rain..."and that isn't too bad."
Excuse me? A foot of rain isn't "too bad"?
By this time tomorrow, we will know exactly what to expect.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center