chase 22
(Weather Hobbyist)
Sun Oct 23 2005 01:54 PM
Re: Here it comes!

Quote:

I am not familiar with the topography of the projected landfall area. Is there anything there that could influence a sharper angle north?

The projected landfall area is very flat...imagine sawgrass as far as you can see in any direction with a fe "islands" of palm trees. The everglades is a basically a river. Well, the Southern part is. Naples is for the most part the entrance to the everglades. Naples is a mixture of dense Florida canopy and the sawgrass. The farther North you go, the more dense the foliage gets. when you get into North Central Fl, the terrain gets hilly (by hilly I mean 30-50 ft changes in elevation) and actually FL has their own mountain! I forget where it is, but it's like 50 mi or so North of Orlando. I hope that answers you question.

This concludes this geography lesson. Class dismissed.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center