chase 22
(Weather Hobbyist)
Sun Oct 23 2005 07:15 PM
Re: Here it comes!

Quote:

Chase - No disrespect to you, but wouldn't the NHC and other outlets have an update if in fact the storm was moving NNE and changing paths? The 2pm update still says NE @ 12 MPH. I am confused.

No: what I was saying is that the cold front did in fact retreat, thus reverting to a warm front. I am not implying that Wilma is or will turn to the N, NW, or NNW. There is just simply no meteorological data to back up that drastic of a change. I simply read the post and assumed that the NW direction they were refering to was a typo. I believe that Wilma will hit FL late tonight.

Is it possible for Wilma to turn North? Yes, but likely? probably not. Take a look at Genesis post a couple of pages back. It is very informative, and will answer your question better than I can.

Sorry for the confusion

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center