Sun Oct 23 2005 08:07 PM
Re: Wilma Moving Rapidly Toward Florida

Quote:

just to confirm our posts:

HURRICANE WILMA INTERMEDIATE ADVISORY NUMBER 34A
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
8 PM EDT SUN OCT 23 2005
... WILMA GETTING BETTER ORGANIZED AND STRENGTHENING AS IT
GRADUALLY ACCELERATES NORTHEASTWARD TOWARD FLORIDA...
...TROPICAL STORM-FORCE WINDS IMPACTING WESTERN CUBA AND
APPROACHING THE LOWER FLORIDA KEYS...

here we go at 9:00pm

REPEATING THE 8 PM EDT POSITION...23.9 N... 84.4 W. MOVEMENT
TOWARD...NORTHEAST NEAR 15 MPH. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS...110 MPH. MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE... 958 MB.
HOURLY TROPICAL CYCLONE POSITION ESTIMATES WILL BE ISSUED BEGINNING
AT 9 PM EDT . THE NEXT COMPLETE ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE
NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER AT 11 PM EDT.
FORECASTER STEWART

right, not surprising...and now we see the -80 sinister black toned cloud tops of utter terror returning to an attempt at a cdo...

it's likely to me that this will in the process of deepening fairly quickly for the next several hours, just as we said - which is somewhat unusual climatologically for hurricanes moving NE in this area of the Gulf, quite frankly, but that's a whole angle i don't want to get into now..

nonetheless, i feel fairly confident that this will be the case because of wilma's unique orientation with respect to her own motion - within the flow and thus relatively less shear; and, availing of a very intense polarward outflow channel associated with the enterance region of jet fields NW of the stationary/quasi-stationary boundary.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center