typhoon_tip
(Meteorologist)
Sun Oct 23 2005 08:37 PM
Re: Shear

Quote:

Is there any possibility of this storm hitting north of Fort myers. Because i believe that would put tampa in Hurricane force winds.

Firstly, any prediction I render is not official..... It is important that you know that.

Right now, the odds for Wilma-centroid impact on the Tampa/Fort Myers area directly, is lessoning... HOWEVER I cannot stress enough that Wilma is a big critter with a large circumvellate, and you should by no means think this means you're off the hook.. Tropical storm force sustained winds and possible gusts to at least hurricane force, particularly in more intense near CDO type feeder band squalls will rake said areas, even if Wilma's core stays over southern sections. In addition, this TC is apparently already become tornado happy...there are some other circumstances in the area, which are compounding this, accentuating that threat... Numerous tornado warnings have already flown and this will also add to dangers in peripheral areas not being directly assaulted by her core. So, please, if you are in the Tampa/Fort Myers areas, treat this as though you are being directly impacted and pay very close attention to your local instructions by municipalities, because their advise (more times that not) will be advise that may save your life.

off the record, you should have 40 -70 mph winds; the latter more in gusts, which could even be higher... Right now, and this is MY opinion only, Wilma appears slightly S of predicted track... Doesn't mean she won't start hooking N in the next few hours, but that is less likely...So, I personally do not believe Naples will be the landfall, but like I said, a big nasty powerful beast makes the pin point center of circulation almost irrelevant.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center