JG
(Weather Hobbyist)
Sun Oct 23 2005 09:30 PM
Re: Extrapolated Track

Quote:

Exactly.... I've been trying to hammer this point, that she will be less adversely touched by these detriments because she is caught up in an in situ environment that is moving along with her - that is by definition storm relative shear, which in this case is exceptionally low in value... In otherwords, I see quite the alternative, pure, almost unmitigated strengthening potential right up to landfall - which is very, very ungood

A local friend who is much more knowledgable on this subject told me that the shear, if it's in the same direction the storm is moving will not affect nor deteriorate the storm alot unless it is at a super high velocity (above 30 kts I think is what he said). Is that true? Regardless, I think Wilma is going to be like Charley. Thank you for your posts and heads up on the behaviour of this storm.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center