danielwAdministrator
(Moderator)
Sun Oct 23 2005 10:02 PM
Re: 114 Knots at Flight Level!

I'm getting quite a few PMs about what to expect in ___ area.
I don't mind the PMs but there are over 910 people on site right now.

If you were in Florida last year and went through any of the Hurricanes that pummeled the state.
Think and plan on the idea that it will get Bad.
Set your sights and thinking one step above that level.

Then hope and pray that it doesn't get there. If it does...you are prepared right now.

If the weather will permit it where you live. Make a quick check around the house for anything that will blow....anything.
Then get your 'safe room' in order so you can go there at a moments notice.
That means finding a mattress to shield/ cover yourself with.

Okay Jim Cantore just said it!..."You Need To Seek Shelter Before Midnight Tonight."
I didn't hear him say an exact location. If you are in or on the Florida Peninsula.It wouldn't be a bad idea.

Oh and go ahead and prepare the kids. Tell them it's going to get really, really Bad. In whatever manner you wish. So they can be somewhat prepared for it.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center