Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Sun Oct 23 2005 10:48 PM
Re: 114 Knots at Flight Level!

First of all, please sit down and take a VERY DEEP BREATH. Thank you...now...listen.
First of all, we will have conditions close to what we have when a severe t-storm comes through Polk County. What do you tell your children then? The last thing they need to see is their mom freaking out. That will scare them more than any storm cell coming through.
If you have taken every precaution you possibly can, I would NOT wake up your children to tell them ANYTHING unless you have to...and if you do have to wake them up due to a tornado warning or anything else, do it as calmly as you can because they need to be reassured by YOU...
I have been through some scary storms ---Georges comes to mind with his tornados --- but a certain calm will come over you when it comes to dealing with your children.
Just be alert...my kids are sleeping, they know that the night may be rough, but they also know where I will be all night long.
So...now take a BIG DEEP BREATH again, and try to relax...hey, the wind isn't even blowing here yet.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center