Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Sun Oct 23 2005 11:50 PM
Re: Key West

Well, unfortunately, a lot of people decide not to leave when told to do so. I hate to hear that the death toll could be high, but if people didn't learn from Katrina, than I don't think they will ever learn. So now instead of dealing with a Cat 1, there are a lot of people who will be dealing with a low-to-mid Cat 3. I just hope those people who were partying will have enough sobriety left to deal with what is going to be a very dangerous situation.
I have little sympathy for those who are offered ways out but instead decide to stay and "ride it out", especially after the horrible toll that Katrina left in her wake in AL, MS, and LA.
That may sound cold, but it's the truth.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center