Margie
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Mon Oct 24 2005 05:11 AM
Re: Pressure Drop

You know, I saw Max M was on CNN so I turned the sound on...he talked for awhile and mentioned how the dry torgtugas recently saw 80-90mph winds. So he finishes and then the idiot woman reporter on CNN comments, wow, the storm is moving 80 to 90 miles per hour.

Yeah I thought...it is about done, because it's running out of ocean, but then I took another look and thought that if it was going to consolidate its size, and slough off some from the top and bottom, it could try to bring that convection around, and tighten up. Admittedly it hasn't done much of that tonight. Wilma's intensity has been increasing but at a very slow rate, but right now she doesn't look like she's ready to stop.

Just saw the recon, and the pressure has continued to drop (jeez T12 do you realize that I was responding to like your sixth post back? You're setting some kind of record for number of posts per day!). It could get down to 950 before the main circulation started over land. I think the convection is going to compact, watch and see the large knob of circulation to the north fly off, and Wilma be a little stronger in an hour.

Note -- that eye is so large that it is a possibility that NHC will have the eye pass over them...practically every part of south FL will.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center