typhoon_tip
(Meteorologist)
Mon Oct 24 2005 01:17 AM
Re: Key West

Quote:

I agree Tip, I feel that the jog is especially apparent on the visible satellite. http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/float-vis-loop.html

The angle that she comes in at is pretty significant too, as if she comes in with a more northerly angle, she could affect eastern orlando and perhaps the eastern central florida coast more, or if she comes in as currently forecast, Miami could be in for a big time hit.

Where do you currently think Wilma will make landfall? Perhaps Ft. Myers?

Hi.. Does it really matter? Such a big circulation with an eye that's a light year across...basically, where ever she make landfall she'll have a radius of distructive capacity that will engulf most of the realistate within site of the radar beam, with hurricane force gusts if not sustainers....To mention, there could be tornado swarms nested in there and virtually invisible... It's likely to be horrific... It could very well be worse then Charley because wilma's influence will spread out over a larger area.

But...if I had to take a guess I'd say: Anywhere from Tampa all the way down the coast is under the gun; if not for the largeness of the circulation field, but because ....who's to say it can't start curving more nne? It's possible with the wv imagery showing such a powerful u/a impulse approaching from the N, that could begin in earnest.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center