native
(Weather Guru)
Mon Oct 24 2005 08:34 AM
Re: Yikes!

Good Morning all...live here from Deerfield Beach. Was woken up by (i) some drunk calling my cell looking for "Johnny Mellonhead" and (ii) the howling wind and rain. I have a 40-50 foot Oak Tree about 6 feet from my back patio and the acorns are pelting the metal pan roof and making an awful racket. Reports from here that wind is gusting upward of 47 mph...

I cannot imaging how bad things are going to get here shortly. Gotta say, it's rather weird watching it on TV in my kitchen here and knowing/seeing this monster's arrival is just a matter of time. 70nm eye! Good God. Like watching a train wreck...it's awful and you want to look away but you're glued. I will report conditions here for as long as I have power. The only upshot of Wilma is she's moving fast and ushering in some much welcomed cooler weather.

Stay Safe ALL!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center