laureg
(Verified CFHC User)
Mon Oct 24 2005 04:55 AM
Re: Yikes!

Well, I hope where ever Johnny Mellonhead is, he is in a safe place...

Heads up on something if your cell phones and house phones are both down...if you have a cb radio in your car (after things calm down) you can try to reach a trucker if you need to let someone know you are safe. My husband reached someone after Francis last year to call me in Tampa to let me know he was okay. That was the only contact I had with my husband for three days...

Weather is still very calm here, just waiting for the shoe to drop. Next door neighbors thought we were stupid putting our shutters up, but with all this anticipated tornadic activity, and all the half finished construction going on around us, prolly a good thing in case we get pelted. And, an interesting note...immediately after my husband put up the plywood, some bees found a hole and started building a nest in the window. We can see them thru the tinted glass in the room...there must be 500 bees sitting in there, waiting for the storm. Guess mother nature knows sumpin' huh...

We have excellent, wall to wall coverage on WPTV in West Palm Channel 5. They are great guys. They cover every blip on the radar. You should call that station in Orlando and complain.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center