JMII
(Weather Master)
Mon Oct 24 2005 06:33 AM
Re: Wilma Nearing Landfall

Oh boy this is going to be BAD for the Keys, Miami-Dade and Broward Counties. Why would anyone in thier right mind stay in the Keys?

My report from NW Broward is here: http://flhurricane.com/cyclone/showflat....SSID=#Post62834

Like everyone else I'll update as long as the power holds up. I'm 2 blocks from an FPL substation with underground utilities so I'm praying that means my power will stay on longer and get back up sooner. Super job with all the info from this site - kudos to the NHC and the mets around here, other then a slightly south landfall and freak ablity to keep her Cat 3 Wilma has done what everyone said she would. Now to watch the mess play out in my own backyard thankfully given her speed this should be over by late afternoon and the nice cool break is coming.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center