3rdGenFlaNative
(Registered User)
Mon Oct 24 2005 09:19 AM
Tornadoes gone???

Hey guys. Things in Lakeland seem to be improving by the hour. Still windy, some rain, and occasional strong gusts, but I get the feeling the worst for us is over. Last night was pretty dicey - as some of you may be aware, I had a minor meltdown last night when Polk County started getting bombarded with tornado warnings, touchdowns, and threats of tornado "clusters". I got it together though, and sat up all night listening for the freight train I was expecting to plow into my bedroom. It never came.

Although there are reports of tornado touchdowns near here, I haven't heard of any extensive damage yet. My power flickered a few times & DSL went down for a couple of hours, but other than that, I'd say we're pretty lucky. After I got back on line, I caught up with all the postings. Sounds like many had an exciting night! Hope everyone is safe and sound. I know many of our neighbors to the south and east still have some rough moments ahead. Stay safe - we're praying for you.

Oh - and thanks again to everyone who talked me through my "episode" last night! This site has been a godsend!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center