nicolew
(Verified CFHC User)
Mon Oct 24 2005 02:28 PM
Re: Miami

I just spoke to my friend in Miami (I left to come to my parents in Palm Beach) - she lives in Schenley Park, just west of Coral Gables. She says they have received no break, the eye did not come over them and remarked that the winds on the back side seem to be even stronger than the front. She says she has been hearing roof tiles hit her house and noticed that her neighbors are missing between 50-75% of their roof tiles. Apparently, Bryan Norcross is telling them that it will be 2 pm before the winds pass. They lost power early this morning. I am a little scared to see what I am going to be going home to in MIami when I finally return. Sorry I don't have more news but you can always watch www.wfor.com live feed - they are doing a great job!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center