TinaB
(Verified CFHC User)
Mon Oct 24 2005 11:46 AM
Re: New warning?

Quote:

Just recently scrolling at the bottom of the tv screen was a list of counties under a hurrinace warning including mine Pasco. Other counties are Manatee, Hillsborough, Pinellas, Polk, Hernando, Sarasota, De Soto. I thought as of about an hour ago, conditions were improving on the west coast. Is there more going on than I thought? Several stations are scrolling......

It is my understanding that those counties are under a tropical strom warning, not a hurricane warning. Not sure where the TV is getting their info. Directly from the NHC:

A TROPICAL STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT ALONG THE FLORIDA WEST
COAST NORTH OF LONGBOAT KEY TO STEINHATCHEE RIVER... AND ALONG THE
FLORIDA EAST COAST NORTH OF TITUSVILLE TO ST. AUGUSTINE.

A TROPICAL STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR THE COASTLINE AND
TIDAL SHORELINES OF MANATEE...PINELLAS...HILLSBOROUGH...PASCO...
HERNANDO CITRUS AND LEVY COUNTIES.

AN INLAND TROPICAL STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR NON COASTAL OR
NON TIDAL LOCATIONS OF MANATEE...PINELLAS...HILLSBOROUGH...POLK...
PASCO...HERNANDO...CITRUS...SUMTER AND LEVY COUNTIES.

I think this is in effect until 2pm today. It doesn't mean however, that we will experience those conditions until the cutoff time. It's just a warning of potential weather. I think you can be pretty confident that Pasco is pretty much safe from hurricane conditions at this point. The winds are still a little gusty, but otherwise things look great here in Tampa!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center