typhoon_tip
(Meteorologist)
Mon Oct 24 2005 07:45 PM
Re: New warning?

Quote:

This is a very strong cold front for FL for Oct. We had no effects from Wima in the panhandle but last night we had wind gusts of over 40 mph with nthe passage of the front, and temps in the 40's this AM...I actually had more stuff blow away last night than in Tropical Storm Arlene....I just hope this is the last time we talk about hurricanes and FL this year!

well...climatologically we're losing frequency very quickly... "October all -over" is a phrase that originated out of the earlier 20th Century active phase but frankly, that seems a little risky.

anyway... some of the middle range models do teleconnect to troughing at very deep latitudes in the Caribbean, which given any impetus there will be sufficient oceanic heat content - but there is nothing immenent to develop at this time.

still...it wouldn't surprise me if we have another systme to follow at some point.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center