ChessieStorm
(Weather Watcher)
Tue Oct 25 2005 02:22 PM
Re: latest TWO

Quote:

...i'm interested in the SST processing in the area. my usual source for graphics involving upper oceanic heat content seems to be down so i'm currenly attempting to find an alternate source. anyway, interesting to know what the most intense hurricane in atlantic basin history may have done to the available heat content in that area as that area also has some of the deepest thermoclines on the planet. my immediate hunch is there is still plenty left beneath the lat of the channel.. the gulf...man, that's gotta be cooling off by now.
Quote:

Water Temps at Clearwater dropped big-time to 72° and I'm sure it will be much lower after today. Air temps right now where I live are in the low 60's.

I would expect water temps will drop to the 60's by tomorrow. I seriously doubt they will be able to support any tropical system in the eastern gulf.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center