typhoon_tip
(Meteorologist)
Tue Oct 25 2005 03:30 PM
Re: latest TWO

Quote:

I don't know about the water temps here off the coast, but in Panama City, FL today, the high is 64. Which feels like heaven to me... I am soooo ready for this hurricane season to be over. Only 36 more days to go.

Yah, I gotta tell yeah...I wouldn't hold your breath because you may be holding it too long to sustain life the way this year's season is going... That's not just a perfunctory comment either... There are signs already that something is lurking in the western Caribbean and the water temperatures (save the local affects of Wilma on the easter Gulf, which may be transient to begin with...) are still anomalously warm everywhere... If you got a troposphere that favors the genesis of these things, you don't want warmer than normal SST's to extend your threat envelope - now do yah.. Anyway, it's likely a Beta or more will take place and btw, I've noted a 2 week periodicity all season ( average - so don't chop my head off!) so even if nothing happens right away here...the longer term frequency of the year "might" suggest at least one more active pattern - seasonal flux and allowing that to happen, notwithstanding...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center